Echocardiographer, Lead - FT
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1526
Job Department: 2004055 MWH-Echocardiography
Job Posted Date: Dec 07, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position efficiently and effectively coordinates the daily processes of the Echocardiography Department and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. The Lead Echocardiographer assists the Operations Manager and Physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. This position must support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, , transesophageal echocardiography and other studies to assist physicians in identifying cardiac and/or other physiological anomalies.
- Records patient anatomy, reports physiological aberrations and suggests additional procedures for the physician’s consideration to optimize diagnosis and expedite therapeutic interventions.
- Prepares reports and accurately documents the provision of patient procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Orients, coordinates, trains and monitors the development of technicians and students in the application of various echocardiography procedures to ensure compliance and effective patient care.
- Assists with the development, revision and enforcement of department policies, procedures, protocols and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency and procedural compliance.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers and customers.
- In collaboration with leadership, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends and implements new programs, services, technologies and operations tools.
- Coordinates and monitors appropriate utilization of patient care resources, equipment and budgetary activities. Assists Operations Manager in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Initiates preventative maintenance and minor repairs on medical devices in accordance with department and hospital standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in medical science required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Graduation from an accredited echocardiography training course.
- Three years of experience as an Echocardiographer in an acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical science.
License and/or Certifications
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR.
- One of the following: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.