Director, Supply Chain Operations
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1662
Job Department: 1007050 MWHC-Supply Chain Admin
Job Posted Date: Dec 16, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Director, Supply Chain Operations provides leadership, vision, direction, and structure to the Supply Chain Operations team within the Supply Chain Solutions Group. Leading a diverse group of Associates assigned to multiple locations; the incumbent is ultimately responsible for the service delivery of best in class processes and results in the receipt, distribution, and management of goods needed to support the continuum of care organization wide.
Responsible for operational functions including receiving, internal and external distribution of goods, management of warehouse and customer inventories, linen services, print & copy center operations, customer service and business applications needed to support day to day operations. Ensures each business function is in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization. These areas must operate in a manner that ensures they contribute to the success of both direct and indirect caregivers by ensuring the right product or service is delivered to the right customer at the right time.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Leadership and Strategy
- Develops, implements and maintains the overarching governance framework, incorporating policies, procedures, systems, structures and tools for all supply chain operations related activities.
- Provides strategic leadership of proactive customer-centric logistics functions to meet or exceed service expectations.
- Leads the implementation of a coherent, robust and reliable logistics framework and provides proactive locally-relevant support service to MWHC programs, based on industry-grade modern logistics solutions.
Human Capital Management
- Attracts, leads and develops a staff of capable and competent exempt and non-exempt Associates to deliver simple, successful and sustainable supply chain solutions.
- Creates a talent development and performance management process for operations staff, in coordination with HR, to ensure that the right resources are in place and fully engaged.
- Develops and implements strategies for leading the operations staff into a thriving, dynamic, cohesive and supportive team.
- Leads MWHC Supply Chain Operations services, in maintaining operational efficiency and expediency, ensuring integrity and stewardship through a robust quality assurance framework; as well as rigorous, cost-effective logistics and inventory management service delivery.
- Collaborates directly with internal and external department leaders; to ensure logistics activities are fulfilled with the utmost professionalism.
- Leads delivery of key strategic goods and/or services for both program recipients’ use (program goods) and for internal use.
- Puts the customer at the center of services, systems and processes.
Ownership and Initiative
- Is fully engaged and committed to the job.
- Assumes responsibility for tasks and/or projects without being asked.
- Seeks to resolve problems and suggests opportunities for improvement.
- Looks for additional ways to make a contribution/help a colleague.
Performance and Compliance
- Oversees all operational activities that are required to ensure logistics compliance, including internal controls, risk assessment and mitigation, forward planning, and performance management.
- Establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) to capture, evaluate, and report on the performance of all logistics activities. Ensures that KPIs are used for continuous improvement and for strategic decision-making.
- Ensures that best practices, ethics, industry standards, as well as relevant compliance requirements are understood and adhered to by all staff undertaking logistics activities across MWHC; as well as all internal stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with standards of all the accreditation and regulatory bodies and commissions, in relationship to supply management, including but not limited to the Joint Commission, OSHA and FDA.
- Implements a collaborative structure that clearly delineates roles, responsibilities and service standards.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to build trust, influence and facilitate the acceptance of new approaches and operating practices.
- Represents Logistics functions on cross-functional initiatives.
- Represents MWHC in relevant external settings, including meetings with key suppliers and service providers, peer organizations, industry bodies, and leads or participates in negotiations for collaboration, partnership or complex contractual arrangements as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive management experience in logistics and inventory management required
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct budget responsibility required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using inventory management software required
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with acceptable driving record required
- Minimum of 5 years’ knowledge of healthcare organization and administration and expertise within the various operating entities of an integrated health care delivery system and related strategic partners preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ strategic planning preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.