Director, Lab and Pathology Services
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1929
Job Department: 2004250 MWH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Jan 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Director is responsible and accountable for overall operations of the Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) Pathology and Laboratory Services and the corporate Courier system. The Administrative Director works in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership to develop an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice, testing accuracy, reporting timeliness, regulatory readiness/compliance, and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with Senior Leadership and Laboratory Medical Director to manage the operations of the MWHC Pathology and Laboratory Medicine services.
- Utilizes measurable outcomes and benchmarks to ensure operational efficiency, service quality/accuracy, reporting timeliness, and cost-effective resource utilization.
- Develops and implements an operational budget which optimizes cost effectiveness and service quality.
- Facilitates coordination, communication, and collaboration among the department leaders, Associates, physicians, ancillary departments, the community, and hospital administration.
- Evaluates issues from a systems perspective and works with all relevant parties toward developing resolution.
- Develops performance indicators for all critical operations, evaluates outcomes and provides timely feedback.
- Utilizes multiple benchmark and networking sources to develop strategic plans that meet community need, organizational goals, departmental goals, and industry trends.
- Develops methodologies to review regulatory requirements related to the department and ensures compliance.
- Develops processes and methodologies to coordinate resolution of customer satisfaction and quality issues.
- Provides oversight for the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Directs logistical operations for courier management for the health system supply movement, mail distribution and specimen work flow, as well as fleet management for vehicle maintenance as required by insurance carrier.
- Monitors laboratory revenue cycle regulations and processes to include patient registration, coding and billing.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Master’s degree in a health or business related field and a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology with ASCP certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospital pathology laboratory management or hospital management required.
- Experience with computerized systems and programs required.
- Ability to travel to various locations for operational oversight required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.