Director, IS Applications
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2609
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Mar 16, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.The Information Systems (IS) Applications Director will direct the functions and activities of designated IS Applications/modules with overall responsibility for the planning, deployment and support of new and existing business processes and supporting systems. Collaborates as part of the IS leadership team on strategic planning and maintaining goals and deadlines established for the deployment of designated systems within Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC). Focuses on methods using Information Systems to improve the quality of clinical and business practice. This position combines knowledge of business, patient care, informatics concepts, Agile software product management, ITIL and organizational change management to effectively address the information and knowledge needs of healthcare professionals and patients to promote safe, effective, and efficient use of Information Systems in clinical and business settings. The position will act as a change agent working with clinical and business leadership in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and measurement of overall Information Systems strategies to ultimately support quality patient care and professional practice.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs designated IS Applications teams as they support, modify and implement workflow and systems for MWHC. Ensures technology and functionality of systems will meet strategic goals for clinical and business operations.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop product strategies that integrate disparate technologies and changing goals with evolving technologies and business needs.
- Directs all deployments according to project plans and agile product methodologies, within established budgets and timeframes. Responsible for change management process while deploying new systems to include, but not limited to partnership with MWHC and other IS leadership regarding deployment results, status and training programs.
- Promotes and ensures Information Systems applications teams provide high levels of customer service by meeting defined Key Performance Indicators.
- Develops long-range and short-range plans for the future development of Information Systems; integrates these services into MWHC's primary functions.
- Oversees inventory of current software applications, their current release and version levels to ensure streamlined processes.
- Develops, implements, and revises policies and procedures in collaboration with MWHC clinical and business operational departments; ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with IS leadership to oversee the analysis of the impact of the user's clinical and business requirements on the system components and its interfaces.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the high-level analysis in the development/modification of change management strategy.
- Collaborates with the IS leadership team to maintain a communication strategy and cross organizational vision for nursing/clinical informatics in concert with the overall nursing communication strategy.
- Collaborates with clinical and business leaders in planning and implementing program expansion and growth.
- Participates in contract negotiations with vendors for software and hardware.
- Manages and develops elements of the annual IT capital and operating budgets.
- Oversees Associate recruitment, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develops training plans and professional development of assigned personnel; recommends promotions; provides counseling.
- Continuously evaluates team structure, approaches, techniques, tool kits, standards, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Healthcare related field required.
- Experience managing healthcare information systems is required; specific experience leading module or overall system implementation, preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience for healthcare systems and staff required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic planning, business strategy, project management and implementation, operations management, and finance required.
- Experience and ability to lead project teams consisting of non-direct reporting Associates required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation) required.
- Experience translating clinical and business work flow to IT requirements required.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills required.
- Experience in the use of desktop and mobile operating system and productivity software required.
- Experience with Agile product management methodologies preferred.
- MBA, MSN or MS preferred.
- Must be able to articulate complex business processes and technical concepts to audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
- Must be self-motivated with the capability to lead change and motivate others.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.