Director, Clinical Operations - MWH OR
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-889
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Oct 27, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Director, Clinical Operations (Periop Services) is a highly skilled professional with advanced knowledge of perioperative environment. The position has 24-hour accountability for the direction of management, clinical, and quality initiatives in addition to justification and utilization of resources needed for patient care delivery. The Director coordinates the development of an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs operations of assigned departments; provides integration, facilitation, and direction for all department initiatives.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and manage a departmental operational plan and budget.
- Directs the staff development to include hiring, evaluations, assessment of clinical competencies and maintenance of all hospital and regulatory requirements while working to help MWHC achieve the best employer status.
- Participates with department leadership and staff in the recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention process.
- Manages develops, coaches and mentors managerial staff. Sets and reviews departmental expectations. Conducts performance appraisals and provides feedback to Associates.
- Possesses knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and develops methodologies to review and ensure compliance.
- Monitors and institutes changes to maintain successful patient satisfaction scores. Responsible for departmental quality metrics, performance improvement and operational efficiency.
- Delegates authority, sets expectations and holds Leadership and staff accountable. Develops performance indicators for operations; evaluates outcomes and provides timely feedback.
- Collaborates with Nursing Education to develop annual competency and service educational plan to ensure the delivery of quality care.
- Maintains professional competencies by attending educational programs, participating in professional organizations, and maintaining certification. Oversees Periop 101 program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, required.
- Current Virginia licensure as a Registered Nurse, required.
- BLS and ACLS required within six months of hire or placement.
- A minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience, required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the management of clinical and quality initiatives, required.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.