Diagnostic Technologist-Full Time Days/Evenings
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5730
Job Department: 4054305 MIF-NStafford-Radiology-Diag
Job Posted Date: Oct 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position effectively monitors the daily processes and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. This individual is to assists management and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and patient satisfaction. The Diagnostic Technologist II is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine Diagnostic procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure protocols. Additionally, the Diagnostic Technologist II supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives MWHC and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for Diagnostic examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories.
- Performs Diagnostic examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency. A
- dheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of Diagnostic services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Reviews applicable schedules daily to ensure all patients are scheduled appropriately and all documentation is obtained for the exam prior the patients visit.
- Serves as Clinical Instructor to diagnostic imaging students from the Mary Washington Hospital School of Radiologic Technology.
- Reports to management the technical quality review of images.
- Ensures X-Ray images produced are of sufficient high quality. Reports and reconciles all Daily Diagnostic QC’s.
- Provides daily volume and monthly repeat rate reports as well as the end of month dashboard statics to management.
- In collaboration with management, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools.
- Reports Press Ganey scores daily for the Diagnostic department.
- Provides management with an action plan when scores fall below the projected goals.
- Assists in maintaining projected goals.
- Maintains quality control, preventive maintenance, and state registration schedules on all Diagnostic equipment.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education, Experience and Qualifications Required: ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent required.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- License and/or Certifications Required: Virginia State Radiologic Technologist License for all outpatient facilities.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine