Diagnostic MRI Cross Training Technologist
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6064
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Nov 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position exists to transition a Registered Radiologic Technologist to an independent Technologist. This position is accountable to prepare patients and learn all applicable procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The Cross-Training Technologist will accept instruction from designated staff to produce high quality images and prepare/present them with appropriate comparison studies and exam results to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. The Cross-Training Technologist will also learn the clinical information necessary to pass the applicable examinations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for examinations under the direct supervision of a Technologist by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, obtaining adequate medical histories, and ensuring the appropriateness of examinations to facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner.
- Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Performs a proper discharge of patients once exam is completed. Answers telephones courteously and professionally.
- Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach.
- Remains proficient in the use of all Radiology Management systems as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of accredited program in Radiologic Technology required.
- VA State Radiologic Technologist License required. American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required.
- Minimum of three years Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist experience preferred ARRT or RDMS or NMTCB registered in Radiologic Technology preferred, or registry eligible. If registry-eligible at time of hire or placement, must pass registry examination within three months of hire or placement
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine