Diagnostic/CT Technologist -Full Time Nights
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2871
Job Department: 2504305 SH-CT Scan
Job Posted Date: Apr 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine radiographic procedures and CT procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The Diagnostic/CT Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. The Diagnostic/CT Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for radiology and CT examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs radiology/CT examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Radiologic Technology and CT clinical Associates.
- Provides support in transporting patients from the FSED or Emergency Department/Nursing Units when required.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of Diagnostic/CT Imaging services/activities.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner.
- Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring.
- Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program.
- Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self; including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection /administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities for Diagnostic Radiology utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement. Remains proficient in the use of current RIS system and other Radiology/organizational information management systems as needed.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction.
- Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent required.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology with documented training on the provision of diagnostic CT exams required OR, in lieu of documented training, successful and documented completion of MWHC/MIF cross-training program.
- American Heart Association CPR required.
- Six months’ relevant experience required; three years preferred.
- Must achieve ARRT certification in CT within six months of hire or within one year of completing MWH/SH cross-training program.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.