City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6010
Job Department: 2004250 MWH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Nov 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide accurate interpretation of cell studies in order to provide physicians with information and results to facilitate diagnosis and quality patient care. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate microscopic cell preparations in order to determine the presence of abnormalities.
- Prepare cell samples and specimens in order to facilitate timely effective diagnosis.
- Maintain patient follow-up files in order to produce current, accurate records of procedures and results.
- Enter test results data and perform quality control procedures to ensure effective reporting of results.
- Consult with physicians and other departments in order to accurately interpret test results and patient protocols.
- For each 24 hour period, the total number of slides examined or reviewed in all laboratories
- The number of hours spent examining slides in each 24 hour period
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate level education required
- CT (ASCP) certification (or equivalent) required
- Six months to one year relevant experience required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine