CT Technologist-Full Time Nights
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1281
Job Department: 2004305 MWH-CT Scan
Job Posted Date: Feb 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine computerized tomography (CT) scan procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The CT Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. Additionally, the CT Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Monday-Thursday 1800-0230, Friday 2000-0430
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for CT examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs CT examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in CT. Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of CT services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self; including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the CT cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the CT Section utilizing the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet the age specific needs of the patient groups identified under qualifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology and/or NMTCB (CNMT) registered and documented training on the provision of diagnostic CT exams required.
- Advanced level certification by the ARRT or NMTCB in computed tomography required within one year of hire date.
- Six months’ relevant experience required (minimum of three in CT Scan OR successful and documented completion of MWHC/MIF cross-training program).
- American Heart Association CPR required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.