City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-65
Job Department: 2004305 MWH-CT Scan
Job Posted Date: Aug 20, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position manages the daily processes of CT Scan and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, and accreditation standards. The CT Scan Supervisor assists Radiology Managers and Physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction by managing to established performance metrics.
$5K Sign On Bonus
(Internal Associates Not Eligible)
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Performs CT Scans and provides direct patient care as needed.
- Oversees operations and manages section’s resources to assure efficient and effective performance of services provided.
- This includes, but is not limited to: Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the CT staff to ensure safe and effective operations. Assures that the MWH CT department maintains compliance with ACR, TJC and other regulatory bodies as applicable.
- Assumes responsibility for successful accreditation and re-accreditation submissions. Initiates performance improvement activities for the CT Section utilizing a LEAN/PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Assists Radiology management in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Oversees scheduling and imaging of patients to ensure smooth daily operations and quality services.
- Serves as a liaison between Staff, Physicians, other Healthcare Providers, and Customers by establishing an effective work relationships and maintains effective communications with all customers.
- Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
- With the Physician Director for CT Scan, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operation tools.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction.
- Supports the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the CT cross-training program by providing instruction to students.
- Participates in Radiology Administrator on call and modality specific on call rotation by serving as the on-site Radiology management representative as directed.
- This responsibility includes, but is not limited to the following: Monitoring and facilitating patient flow and exam prioritization, Assuring equipment and supplies are available and working properly, Facilitating, with the assistance of the section Supervisor and/or department manager, coverage of unscheduled staff vacancies, Approving the calling in of back-up or retention of existing staff as needed, Resolving customer service and quality/performance issues, Assuring completion of daily code cart checks, refrigerator logs, and other quality checks that are required after-hours/on weekends, Providing Radiology leaders with updates on off-hours issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of relevant experience, required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required
- Bachelor Degree in healthcare related field, preferred
- One to two years of supervisor experience, preferred ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology;
- CT registered, required
- BLS certified, required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine