City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1488
Job Department: 2007060 MWH-Central Sterile
Job Posted Date: Jan 21, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Sterile Processing Educator designs, develops, and implements education and training programs and clinical workshops in Sterile Processing Department (SPD). The Sterile Processing Educator also participates in the revision of policies and procedures within the Sterile Processing department, and assists in research projects and studies associated with SPD.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, designs and implements education and training programs and clinical workshops including preparation, facilitation, and follow-up (orientation, internship, preceptorship, staff development).
- Educates new Associates and interns on functions, procedures and processes relevant to SPD. Ensures quality orientation for new Associates, i.e. arranges preceptors and ongoing goal-setting meetings; provides classroom training; ensures completion of orientation schedules, checklists, and post-tests with appropriate documentation. Updates management on the status of orientees.
- Assists management with annual skills reviews/internal department competencies to include maintenance of education, competency and certification records for SPD personnel. Conducts in-services for department and certification updates, and ensures Associates are compliant with departmental requirements.
- Assists in the revision of policies and procedures within the Sterile Processing department.
- Holds routine meetings with the Manager of the Sterile Processing department and ensures appropriate follow-through for identified issues.
- Functions as a Lead technician in absence of management.
- Assists with daily functions in the assembly and other areas of Sterile Processing as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current certification in Sterile Processing required.
- Minimum of two years of Sterile Processing experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge in inventory control, supply distribution, receiving, reprocessing techniques and principles, production management and regulating agencies standards required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including surgical procedures, human anatomy and of current and developing trends in area of professional expertise required.
- Educational credentials and leadership experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.