CRNA, Lead --Ambulatory Surgery Center
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-462
Job Department: 4604036 FASC-CRNA-Anesthesia
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under direction of the Director and Anesthesia Manager, the Lead CRNA assumes leadership accountability and responsibility for the CRNA care team operations while maintaining responsibility as defined in the CRNA job description. The Lead CRNA will be involved in scheduling, daily staffing, and flexing staffing to match OR volume. Assist with care team development, program planning, and monitoring of financial and human resource process improvements. This position directs, collaborates with, and evaluates all assigned shift Associates according to hospital, anesthesia and unit philosophy and objectives. Utilizes and acquires knowledge of current and best practices in the specified clinical and management areas of anesthesia practice.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Identifies, coordinates, and collaborates for process improvement opportunities at the unit level.
- Participates in leadership activities to ensure service-oriented, quality, effective, safe continuity of patient care such as unit-based Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QA/PI) initiatives and development of improvement action plan.
- Promotes the use of best practice by promoting the use of evidence based nursing/best practices throughout the unit.
- Demonstrates effective communication with patient, family, Physicians, Associates, Anesthesia Manager and Director.
- Maintains clinical competencies and can provide direct anesthesia care to patients.
- Collaborates with Associates and Management to support compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies JCAHO and AAACH.
- Participates and facilitates new Associate department orientation, education and performance evaluations and maintains competency notebooks.
- In collaboration with the Director and Anesthesia Manager, reviews, monitors, and documents competencies, progressive disciplinary action and performance appraisals.
- Demonstrates effective leadership by evaluating the needs of the care team and developing the care team so that they can provide quality patient care.
- Accountable and responsible for professional growth and development and is a role model by integrating components of the professional role.
- Actively identifies and engages in activities to enhance and improve associate satisfaction. Serves as a role model for Mary Washington HealthCare’s service standards and effectively communicates Patient Satisfaction expectations and survey results.
- Participates and coordinates effective use of care resources to include staff, material, and fiscal resources.
- Creates daily staffing assignments and coordinates daily with Lead CRNA at MWH to ensure all sites are covered.
- Flexes staffing to match Operating Room volume. Creates annual education plan, schedules and documents annual mandatory educational skills.
- Informs Director and Anesthesia Manager of any barriers and non-compliance. Coordinates/delivers educational topics for CRNA staff meetings.
- Ensures effective communication to CRNA team of annual mandatory requirements and educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a nurse anesthesia program fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs and recognized by the boards of nursing and medicine required. Masters or Doctorate degree preferred.
- Current Virginia licensure as a Registered Nurse required. Current Virginia licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in Anesthesia required.
- Current NBCRNA certification as a Nurse Anesthetist required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification required. Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by the state of Virginia required.
- Successful completion of the credentialing or re-credentialing process through the office of Medical Staff Services required.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a CRNA required.
- Minimum 4 years nursing experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in Charge CRNA duties and/or CRNA management preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.