City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4243
Job Department: 1007017 MWHC-Professional Billing
Job Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for completing credentialing application requests, maintaining accurate credentialing records for the assigned population, and, as designated, ensure compliance with regulatory and organizational requirements.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish, release, and process applications and reappointment's in accordance with applicable policies.
- Ensure information is compliant with applicable laws, regulations and procedures to include primary source verification of education, licenses, and background checks of the applicants.
- Reports all discrepancies to the Sr. Credentialing Coordinator.
- Maintain confidential and accurate credential files and/or information in the credentialing database platform in compliance with applicable policies.
- Coordinate and/or work with the appropriate personnel and /or department regarding all processes relating to Credentialing.
- Facilitate communication between Medical Staff Leadership, AHP Leadership and Medical Support Services Credentialing Associates.
- Participate in educational programs to enhance professional growth and development; keep abreast of current educational literature related to credentialing.
- Assist with preparation of the Credentials Committee agenda; assist with meeting material distribution; distribute meeting materials.
- Prepare and present Provider applications to the APP/AHP Sub-Committee and Credentials Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two years of credentialing experience in related area, preferred.
- Proficient in basic office information systems (Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes applications preferred), Internet skills, and data base management.
- Strong organization, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to interpret applicable regulatory requirements and apply knowledge to implement methods to ensure compliance.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet ongoing deadlines.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.