City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1780
Job Department: 1007070 MWHC-Courier
Job Posted Date: Jan 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Pick up and delivery of laboratory reports and specimens, pharmaceutical material, supplies, forms, small equipment, and various other items in support of the health system, in a timely manner. This individual will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Pick up, transport, and deliver specimens, supplies, reports, interoffice mail, and various other items, according to an established schedule as well as on an on-call basis.
- Adhere to courier route and make all stops as defined without missed pick ups.
- Adhere to bio-hazardous specimen transport requirements in accordance with OSHA, DOT, CAP, and all MWHC regulatory standards.
- Inspect all specimens for proper packaging, handling requirements, and labeling prior to transport.
- Use department software and handheld devices to document and track specimens and other items as needed.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and report any vehicle maintenance or needed repairs to the Dispatcher or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and fueled vehicle.
- Respond to customer needs in a manner which facilitates a high level of cooperation and promotes quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Reports all client concerns to the Dispatcher or Supervisor.
- Adhere to all Virginia DMV traffic rules and regulations at all times, using safe driving techniques.
- Complete MWHC required driver competency and documentation requirements annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have an acceptable driving record, and a valid Virginia State Driver's License.
- Previous driving experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.