Coordinator, RW Community Outreach
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-694
Job Department: 4006951 Ryan White Grant(s)
Job Posted Date: Oct 13, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position will be working in coordinating and developing community outreach programs that focuses on advancing health equity and preventing new cases of HIV through MWHC services. The Outreach Coordinator will work to improve community health as part of the MW Wellness Program initiatives. Additionally, this position develops relationships with our community agencies and healthcare providers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Program Manager with development, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives related to the Wellness Program outreach strategies.
- Assists the Program Manager with development, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives of the MWHC Community Benefit Strategy.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community groups and agencies. Identifies and/or recommends opportunities for new community or agency relationships.
- Represents the organization at community events and works with community representatives to provide education and outreach activities to support the community in reducing HIV health stigma and risk reduction of HIV and sexually transmitted infections.
- Participates in and seeks out educational programs to increase professional competency and meet personal goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include providing direct patient/community services, health education and screenings
- BS degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Community Relations or related field is preferred.
- Not for profit, or hospital/health care related experience required.
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), required.
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English, required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.