Coordinator, Resource-OR, FT, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-649
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Oct 08, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under direct supervision, the Resource Coordinator assumes responsibility for services related to clinical resource support in the Operating Room (OR).
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating resources related to the patient/procedure schedule to ensure effective utilization of resources and material and fiscal resources (i.e. ensuring needed implants and supplies are ordered for routine and specialty cases).
- Reviews daily schedules to assess resource needs for each case, creates and implements action plans to ensure that required resources are available.
- Maintains order logs and tracking systems to ensure efficient and timely management of human and non-human tissue implants.
- Ensures regulatory compliance relating to all implants.
- Coordinates ordering through qualified vendors of all non-par (specialty) implants and related supplies.
- Monitors items that are on par to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for identification of cost savings plans relating to all implants and specialty items.
- Provides tracking versus budget, potential additional savings opportunities, and suggestions for alternative items when available.
- Contributes to the continuous quality improvement process of the department.
- Establishes direct and open communication patterns within the team.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with OR leadership, Associates, and/or vendor representatives.
- Communicates clearly, accurately, and effectively through attendance at department meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; advanced training (i.e. Surgical Technologist) or college degree preferred.
- Clinical knowledge/experience required; OR setting preferred
- AHA BLS certification required.
- Proficiency with electronic systems and programs (Microsoft Office products including Excel) required.
- Provides first case room set up support and assists with OR patient.
- Collaborates with the OR leadership team regarding Med Approved items for presentation at CQO as needed.
- Coordinates and conducts new product trials in collaboration with Supply Chain and Specialty Coordinators.
- Works with OR leadership team to assure effective use of supply and implant inventory, reports findings and resolutions.
- Attends Regulatory Rounds and reports findings and resolutions in collaboration with clinical leadership.
- Works with clinical leadership team to assure department and staff survey readiness for Joint Commission and other surveys.
- Collaborates with the OR leadership team regarding department LEAN process improvement initiatives.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.