Coordinator, Home Care - Home Health, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2747
Job Department: 2001601 MWH-Home Health-Admin
Job Posted Date: Mar 31, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.As the most well-established home health agency in the area and the only one with an affiliation with Mary Washington Healthcare – we offer something other agencies can’t – continuum care from the acute care setting. We are JCAHO certified, Medicare certified, 4 star agency for quality and 5 star for patient experience.
If you’re an experienced and independent thinker/practitioner, here you will find autonomy, geographically assigned clinical caseloads, stability, competitive salary and benefits, limited on call responsibility and a great holiday rotation schedule.
This position is accountable to provide support services for the clinical department of Mary Washington Homecare departments in order to facilitate effective departmental performance. This position requires independent judgment, the ability to prioritize the needs of multiple people and tasks, by maintaining utilization of all resources, in order to ensure quality patient care in a cost effective manner. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates clinical resources relating to the patient schedule, including new admissions, to ensure effective utilization of staff, material, and fiscal resources.
- Assesses and adjusts clinical schedule to maximize cost effectiveness of daily operations while ensuring high quality patient care.
- Partners with Intake team for assigned homecare department to streamline referral process and eliminate barriers.
- Reviews, verifies, and maintains daily schedules to assess resource needs for each patient, while creating and implementing action plans to ensure that required resources are available.
- Ensures regulatory required clinical notifications of unmade visits are sent to the physician as necessary.
- Organizes, audits, and completes daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to ensure KPIs for agency are monitored.
- Summarizes and communicates trends and variances to agency leadership when identified.
- Collaborates with and provides primary administrative support to Medical Director, agency Manager, and Clinical Supervisors.
- Facilitates communication of emergency situations in a timely and effective manner to maintain the highest level of patient safety.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with all internal and external stakeholders while communicating clearly, effectively, and accurately.
- Disseminates requests for documentation and other regulatory inquires (i.e. CMS, Joint Commission, third-party payor inquiries) for agency leadership and compiles all necessary information to meet requested timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required.
- 3 years related experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current personal computer applications, (i.e., Microsoft Office products- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must possess willingness for personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Previous experience with day-to-day clinical and administrative operations and scheduling strongly preferred.
- Audit to ensure the correct demographic information is in the clinical record.( i.e., address changes, driving directions, contact telephone numbers, assigned clinicians, etc.).
- Notifies physician of Delay in Start of Care and documents adjustments to the EMR at request of the clinician or leadership.
- Confirms through Mary Washington Healthcare EMR that HH patient was admitted or discharged to next level of care.
- Scans accurate required documentation to outside coding agency and document entries to the spreadsheet.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.