City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3829
Job Department: 6008160 MSI-Kids Station
Job Posted Date: Jun 15, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Cook plans and prepares balanced snacks and meals to the children at MWHC’s Kids’ Station while ensuring that any dietary restrictions for individual children are met. The Cook is responsible for ensuring that all health and safety standards are met and manages the kitchen and food supplies. The Cook will work directly with the Kids’ Station Leadership, Associates, as well as children and their families.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and serves breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily.
- Works with teachers and staff members to ensure daily mealtime schedules and routines are consistent.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students and parents.
- Communicates effectively with parents and teachers on any ongoing dietary needs of their children/students.
- Maintains kitchen and related equipment safely and hygienically to meet all Health Department and State Licensing standards.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of food and supplies.
- Purchases food and supplies from local stores, and orders food and supply items from approved supplier, within budget.
- Prepares menu in accordance with USDA recommendations for portion sizes and suitability, with special consideration given to meeting Vitamin A and C requirements and keeping records to document.
- Ensures all allergy lists are current and parents have access to labels of foods used. Follows daily allergy slips provided by parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Minimum of two years experience in food services, required.
- ServSafe Certification, required. If not available upon hire, it must be obtained within 90-days of hire or placement.
- Current CPR Certification, required.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, required. Must meet the driver suitability criteria for MWHC.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.