Contract Analyst-FT-Day Shift
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-127
Job Department: 1007050 MWHC-Supply Chain Admin
Job Posted Date: Oct 02, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Organizational expert in determining overall financial impact of product and service offerings from the supplier community. Collaborates with physicians, clinical & non-clinical and executive staff across Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) as well as sources outside the enterprise to gather sufficient data to determine the total cost of ownership for products and/or services. Integrity of the data produced is critical in achieving the best financial outcomes for the organization. Initiates a progressive and complex set of business processes for each opportunity to include but not limited to validating requirements, conducting market research on requested product and/or service to determine efficacy, market share & comparable product offerings; completing a pricing and cost analysis; and collecting and aggregating direct and indirect (ancillary) costs needed to determine total cost of ownership. Advises key stakeholders on bottom line position. When required coordinates and integrates input as appropriate into a negotiation strategy; performs additional analysis and conducts or participates in negotiations with supplier representative(s) up to the point of signature. Participates in periodic reviews of supplier contract performance. The incumbent will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of the Department as well as MWHC, demonstrating a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conducts business cases analysis for new product/service requests
- Validates requirement with end user
- Conducts market research and obtain regulatory approval Clinical Use Validation Product Alert or Recall History
- Comparable Products in Market Market Share by Supplier
- Analyzes pricing and proposals Develops comparative pricing data
- GPO Contract Pricing VHA Supply Chain Network Contract Pricing
- Spend Analytics Data Central Atlantic Healthcare Network
- Aggregates direct and ancillary costs
- Determines total cost of ownership
- Advises Clinical Quality Value Analysis (CQVA) Team(s) and/or other end users on findings.
- Conducts supplier negotiations as directed
- Serves as key departmental contact with suppliers and supplier relations.
- When required coordinates and integrates input as appropriate into a negotiation strategy.
- Performs negotiation analysis
- Conducts or participates in negotiations with supplier representative(s) up to the point of signature.
- Effectively manages and utilizes GPO contracts with Contract Compliance and Contract Penetration Conduct Healthcare System Expert Spend Analytics in the systems: Lawson, Spend Compass, Crystal Business Objects, Novation, MD Buyline and Excel.
- Responsible for Contract Management in regards to recording, maintenance, monitoring, reporting and disposition.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for standardization of goods and/or services
- Conduct documentation and reporting requirements for savings, rebates and historical consumption
- Provides assistance to Clinical Value Analysis Coordinator on product trials, manages product conversion, representation at CQVA and other ongoing initiatives
- Assists in special projects and other departmental areas as needed to ensure all required daily tasks are completed to support customer service and functions of the Supply Chain Management Department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years experience with progressive responsibility in contracting and/or procurement.
- Contract analysis and negotiation experience required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Able to work under pressure, handle negative interactions, multiple projects an numerous interruptions.
- Proficient in use of automated spreadsheet, databases and word processing applications required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting with experience in medical/surgical supplies, services, and equipment is preferred.
- Certification in a Nationally recognized purchasing organization preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.