City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1329
Job Department: 1007050 MWHC-Supply Chain Admin
Job Posted Date: Nov 23, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Contract Administrator is responsible for oversight of moderate to high risk contract activity valued in excess of $300 million on behalf of Mary Washington Healthcare. Acts as the subject matter expert and focal point for internal and external contract inquiries. Single point of contact for the review and preparation of routine contract documents in accordance with corporate policy. Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. Provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams and/or customers on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity. Accountable for ensuring contracts are established, reviewed, approved, and executed to ensure the highest regard for protecting the legal interests of the organization; to ensure regulatory compliance; and to ensure the contract is based on sound business practices. Requires a lower degree of management attention.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures contracts are in place for all purchases of goods and services and a variety of other contractual arrangements.
- Discriminate between agreements and contracts and classify appropriately.
- Contract activity may be non-routine and require development of specialized contract vehicles and techniques to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Drafts contract templates when required for system-wide usage.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedure and communicates results to key stakeholders.
- Recommends needed changes to terms and conditions, statement of work, cost, timeliness or other key contract elements and articulates said changes to the internal customer.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiations on complex contractual issues.
- Ensures final draft contract includes all changes. Coordinates contract routing and approval.
- Utilizes contract management system to enter, update and maintain contract portfolio.
- Procurement involves identifying which business needs can be best met by procuring products or services outside the organization.
- Determining and defining the procurement requirement (the supply or service to procure).
- Conducting market research and/or a pre-solicitation conference.
- Developing a preliminary Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Statements of Work (SOW), or description of the supply or service to be procured.
- Develop preliminary budgets and cost estimates
- Preliminary consideration of contract type, risk assessment, and any special terms and conditions
- Maintains a "best in class" customer service level by interacting with Mary Washington Healthcare personnel and members of public to facilitate the execution of contractual agreements in an accurate, expeditious, courteous and service friendly manner.
- Manage customer and supplier relationships for each contractual agreement.
- Interact with key customers including department managers, directors, senior executives and suppliers on a routine basis.
- Assist department in developing and implementing contracting strategies for products, equipment or services.
- Resolve high level conflicts concerning materials or services.
- Ensures cradle to grave compliance with contracting policies by conducting periodic audits of active agreements.
- Develops,recommends and implements approved process improvement initiatives directly related to contract administration.
- May be asked to lead the development of new contract policies and processes or to conduct an assessment of required deviations from established policy and procedure.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Collaborate on Supply Chain Management policies as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field required;
- Masters in Business Administration or Juris Doctorate preferred
- Five years experience as contract administrator required; healthcare setting preferred.
- Contract management or paralegal certification by nationally recognized organization preferred.
- Experience with a broad spectrum of contract types.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Thorough understanding of RFI, RFQ, RFP processes.
- Proven success of high end negotiating skills Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment.
- Documented success in customer service role.
- Ability to use computer software programs to retrieve, organize and index various materials and generate reports.
- Familiarity with imaging software to scan documents directly into a database.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills General understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.