City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-66
Job Department: 2004302 MWH-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Sep 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position efficiently and effectively manages the daily processes of Diagnostic Radiology and assures its compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. The Imaging Supervisor maintains clinical competency and performs the functions of both Diagnostic and QC Technologists as outlined in the Job Descriptions for those positions as needed. Additionally, the Imaging Supervisor oversees and assists in other Radiology sub-sections after-hours and on weekends. The Imaging Supervisor assists Radiology managers and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the Imaging Supervisor supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs leadership functions that support the goals of Mary Washington Hospital/Stafford Hospital and the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington Healthcare.
- Oversees operations and manages section’s resources to assure efficient and effective performance of services provided.
- Assists Radiology management in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the section being managed.
- Oversees scheduling and imaging of patients to ensure smooth daily operations and quality services.
- Demonstrates clinical competency initially/annually as evidenced by completion of initial/annual competency tools for Clinical Associates in Diagnostic Radiology. Images patients, provides direct patient care, and performs QC functions as needed.
- Maintains competency in the use of iSite PACs, syngo, Soarian, and other information and image management systems and serves as a resource to staff regarding the functionality of these systems.
- Serves as the on-site Radiology management representative as directed.
- This responsibility includes, but is not limited to the following: Monitoring and facilitating patient flow and exam prioritization, Assuring equipment and supplies are available and working properly, Facilitating, with the assistance of the section Supervisor and/or department manager, coverage of unscheduled staff vacancies, Approving the calling in of back-up or retention of existing staff as needed, Resolving customer service and quality/performance issues, Assuring completion of daily code cart checks, refrigerator logs, and other quality checks that are required after-hours/on weekends, Providing Radiology leaders with updates on off-hours issues.
- Participates in Radiology Administrator on call rotation Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the Diagnostic staff to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Conducts staff meetings at least monthly to communicate information, discuss safety/quality issues, and monitor continued understanding and compliance with MWH and departmental policies.
- Develops and empowers section’s Associates to the benefit of the Associate and the department.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the Radiology cross-training program.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance. Initiates performance improvement activities for the Diagnostic section utilizing a FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers, and customers.
- Establishes effective work relationships and maintains effective communications with all customers.
- Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence. With the Physician Director for Diagnostic Radiology, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet the age specific needs of the patient groups identified below under qualifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology.
- Five (5) years relevant experience.
- One to two (1-2) years supervisory (lead) experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare related field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of overall operations of a Radiology Department. Ability to work with physicians, staff, and patients in confidential, efficient, and effective manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.