Clinical Pastoral Edu Resident-FT-Various Shifts
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2849
Job Department: 2007410 MWH-Pastoral Care
Job Posted Date: Jul 15, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable for meeting the pastoral care needs of the assigned entities within Mary Washington Hospital and Healthcare system. This includes: active participation in the ACPE, Inc., Clinical Pastoral Care residency program, providing pastoral services and on-call coverage, as well as providing religious and spiritual services and functions as appropriate. This position works in coordination with other pastoral care providers in the Mary Washington Healthcare System
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Meets pastoral care needs in the assigned Mary Washington Hospital by working as a team member to support the mission of the entities and the health system.
- Participates in the Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education residency program.
- Provides appropriate pastoral care as part of their duties as student residents.
- Provides direct pastoral care services to patients, residents, families and staff.
- Provides on-call coverage as part of the training and as appropriate to the health system entities.
- Provides in-service education related to pastoral care, religious and spiritual programs in order to increase staff understanding, skills and knowledge.
- Participates as a representative in appropriate community outreach activities.
- Works with community clergy to facilitate pastoral care in Mary Washington Hospital.
- Maintains reporting relationships and accountability as assigned and agreed with entity Managers for written and verbal reporting, as well as in person and staff meetings.
- Theological training particular to one’s denominational background and heritage. The ideal candidate would have a BA, Masters degrees and or theological education from an approved college, Bible school, seminary, or a denominational school that is recognized by the candidates’ religious community. This might include such degrees as academic secular institutions, Rabbinical Schools, Christian Seminaries, Bible schools or educational programs for lay people such as catholic women, Islamic training programs for Imams and other specific faith groups.
- 1 Unit of introductory ACPE Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Ability to function in diverse health system entities.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.