Clinical Manager, Hospice
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-502
Job Department: 4201650 HSP-Mary Washington Hospice
Job Posted Date: Oct 02, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position assumes leadership accountability and responsibility for interdisciplinary team operations to ensure delivery of patient care that promotes quality, is outcome based and cost efficient. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation too. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality care that meets agency and regulatory requirements and appropriate utilization of home health and hospice services.
- Coordinates daily clinical operations of assigned Department(s).
- Participates in preparation of annual budget.
- Plans and leads multidisciplinary team meetings in order to share information and assist with patient management.
- Provides coaching, counseling and mentoring as appropriate. Empowers Associates to make decisions about quality, cost effective care, and customer service.
- Ensures initial and on-going Associates competency and education. Utilizes performance improvement process to identify opportunities for improving outcomes in clinical effectiveness, clinical practice, service operations and standards.
- Participates in organizational management, staff, and administrative meetings.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills with staff, physicians, patients, and caregivers. Provides timely feedback and problem resolution. Fosters an environment for providing a customer service culture.
- Facilitates resolution of identified treatment-related and/or management problems and conflict resolution.
- Participates in agency JCAHO and regulatory preparedness.
- Maintains professional competencies by attending education programs.
- Participates in administrative on-call schedule.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years management/supervisory experience required.
Hospice and Palliative Care Additional Qualifications (December 2018):
- Registered Nurse with BSN or Social Worker with MSW required.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) at hire or within 1 (one) year of placement date required.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of hospice and/or palliative care experience required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in hospice regulations and competence in industry best practices through literature review and attending educational offerings.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and ability to work in a health system.
Home Health Additional Qualifications (December 2018):
- BSN or Bachelor Degree in related health care field required
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of home health experience required.
- Registered Nurse preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.