Clinical Coordinator , Registered Nurse, RN - Wound Clinic, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2539
Job Department: 2004575 MWH-Wound Clinic
Job Posted Date: Apr 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse-RN) is responsible for the coordination of clinical activities of the Wound Care Center including but not limited to use of organizational skills, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing patient care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the Program Director and Medical Director to oversee, manage, train, and assist nurses and other staff within the department.
- Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
- Provides HBO patient assessment and chamber operation as required.
- Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities, provides direct supervision to clinical staff, (RN, LPN, MA, Med Assist, etc.).
- Creates and manages the clinic staffing schedule
- Collaborates with other health care providers, Wound Care Center Physicians, Program Director, and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
- Consistently looks at current processes and procedures and identifies and implements areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA, JCAHO, DOH as well as hospital and DCS requirements.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Program (PIP).
- Engages in staff development, providing general in services as well as individual instruction and orientation. Provides staff recognition through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback.
- Participates and mediates in conflict resolution.
- Evaluates the staffs' clinical wound care competency during individual orientation, annual performance reviews, and as needed.
- Collaborates with Program Director in coordination of program objectives, from a budgetary and financial perspective.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to achieve Wound Care Center quality indicators
- Works with the Program Director to implement education programs for physicians and the community regarding wound care.
- Provides the Program Director with required reports of the departmental status as directed.
- Provides the hospital Department Head with required evaluations, records and certifications of each hospital staff member within the department as required.
- Participates in unit Quality Assurance and Improvement.
- Participates in hospital committees as designated.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Billing and Coding guidelines
- Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently.
- Performs moderate physical work exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds of force on an occasional basis, performing such activities as fingering, grasping, carrying, lifting, holding, reaching, opening, pulling, pushing, speaking, hearing, walking, and writing.
- Performs the described duties through the use of appropriate equipment.
- Service rendered to patients to include pediatric, adolescents, adults, and geriatric.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school preferred
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience preferred.
- 3 years of wound care experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.