Clinical Care Technician 1, Full Time Nights
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5734
Job Department: 2001500 MWH-ED-Administration
Job Posted Date: Oct 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Clinical Care Technician I provides clinical assistance to the nurses and medical staff, performs technical support procedures, and screens and monitors patients.
Must Be Referred by the Virginia Department of Veterans Services – Military Medics and Corpsmen Program (MMAC).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the medical staff and leadership.
- Determines priorities of care based on the physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system.
- Assists patients with basic care needs and any other duties related to the well-being of the patient following established nursing policies and procedures.
- Administers treatments and various procedures (within the scope of practice) to patients as ordered by the physician and directed by the nursing staff; including but not limited to: obtaining vital signs and specimen collection.
- Performs monitor technician duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Documents care and treatments provided to patient in the EMR.
- Communicates with nursing staff about changes in patient status, symptomology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Assists in behavioral/psychiatric situations to include crisis intervention, management of aggressive, or suicidal psychiatric patients.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth, development, regulatory requirements and education requirements at the MWHC and department level.
- Performs other duties as appropriate within the position’s scope of practice.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Virginia State EMT Certification and/or National Registry required.
a. Equivalent military experience may be acceptable in lieu of EMT certification (e.g., military
experience as a medical technician or corpsmen).
b. Must be a veteran no longer than 12 months post-discharge and must have last performed the
majority of hands-on patient care in the Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) General
Scope of Practice no later than 12 months prior to application or discharge date.
- AHA BLS CPR certification required.
- AHA ACLS, PALS certification preferred.
- Must successfully pass Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) Orientation and Hospital approved Medical Terminology test within 90-days of employment.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine