Clinical Care Assistant Coordinator Hub C3A 1900-0700 (Full Time and PRN Opportunities)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support ServicesApply
Job Requisition Number: R-3291
Job Department: 1007202 MWHC-Executive Office
Job Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Hub Clinical Care Coordinator Assistant (Hub C3A) is responsible for providing registration and non-clinical administrative support for the Hub and Nursing Unit activities. The Hub C3A is responsible for supporting the revenue cycle process and securing all appropriate financial resources for patients to maximize reimbursement to the organization. The position supports processes of the Hub Transfer Center to ensure timely admission and/or transfer of patients. The role presents a positive departmental and organizational image, as well as a commitment to departmental goals, objectives, policies, standards, and procedures. The Hub C3A works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to support the organization’s throughput and efficiency performance goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtains and validates accuracy of insurance information and demographics through real time eligibility transaction in the electronic health record.
- Identifies the appropriate patient by performing thorough searches within the Financial System to minimize patient overlays.
- Identifies possible fraudulent identities and completes the Red Flag notification form and notifies the Supervisor immediately to prevent identify theft.
- Completes registrations, maintaining an accuracy rate in accordance with departmental quality goals. Performs quality self-audits on registrations as patient flow permits.
- Processes registration documents to include, but not limited to admission labels and patient armband for inbound direct/admits/transfers. Obtains signatures and provides detailed explanations for compliance with State, Federal, and other regulatory requirements.
- Processes required documentation for patient transfers to include, but not limited to photocopies, faxes and/or electronical submission of required medical record information, and transportation services paperwork.
- Communicates operational activities to leadership on a regular and timely basis and identifies and participates in performance improvement activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years healthcare administrative experience
- Computer skills relevant to the position (i.e., Microsoft Office applications)
- Able to articulate information clearly through both written and verbal communication
- Able to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Able to manage time, multiple priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Experience with patient registration or case management duties strongly preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
License and/or Certifications
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) certification
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.