Clerk, Accounts Payable Special Processing
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5591
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Sep 30, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for processing all transactions related to the accounts payable function. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Processes non-purchase order or purchase order related invoices into Mary Washington Healthcare’s ERP system, Workday. This includes:
- Reviewing invoices submitted by the internal users for appropriate authority and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Processing and submitting for approval non-PO related invoices submitted by the suppliers.
- Processing and submitting for payment PO related invoices submitted by the suppliers.
- Resolving returns and/other issues timely and in accordance with internal procedures to promote returning invoices.
- Reviewing the invoice exceptions and working with the buyers and/or other points of contact as directed to obtain timely resolution.
- Processes EDI and EIB interfaces and works with suppliers, buyers, and/or other appropriate contacts to resolve issues impeding timely posting and payment.
- Maintains leases, agreements or other recurring payments.
- Submits appropriate supplier update requests via Workday with adequate supporting documentation to promote the integrity of the supplier master data.
- Communicates effectively with end-users and suppliers, adhering to governing Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance in other areas of the department as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum two years of Accounts Payable or accounting experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications, along with a strong orientation to using personal computers in a network setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine