Certified Surgical Technologist, Full Time Days
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3094
Job Department: 2504001 SH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Aug 24, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under the direction and supervision of the Specialty Coordinator/Registered Nurse, this position provides assistance to nursing staff by communicating changes in patient status and preparing the Operating Room (OR) rooms with necessary equipment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the care team in the formation of the patient’s plan of care to achieve desired outcomes for the patient based on physician preference cards, current assessment findings, diagnostic reports, and standards of care/practice.
- Communicates safe therapeutic care for patient throughout the patient’s perioperative experience.
- Maintains and cares for equipment and supplies. Prepares OR rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment. Follows aseptic technique in opening sterile supplies and during set up for procedures.
- Drapes patients and assists the surgical team during operative procedures.
- Assists in turnover of room between cases.
- Provides input for changes to physician preference cards according to surgeon's request.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Participates in hospital wide infection control plan and quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Document data collected, medications administered and nursing care provided.
- Scrubs for C/Sections, prepares patient for surgery. Passes instruments to physician during C/Section.
- Sets-up and assists nursing staff during delivery.
- Records vital signs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Clinical education and/or experience must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduate of an approved formal program to include one of the following: OR Technology, Surgical Scrub Tech, or Surgical Technology (six months experience preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse eligible to practice in Virginia with one year operating room experience
- Trained Scrub/Operating Room Tech with a minimum of seven (7) years hospital operating room experience
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Must become a Certified Surgical Technologist within 6 months of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine