Central Alert Team Registered Nurse, RN - Quality and Patient Safety, Part Time, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4493
Job Department: 1007265 MWHC-Quality & Patient Safety
Job Posted Date: Aug 10, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The RN, Central Alert Team (CAT) is responsible for reviewing, coordinating, and supporting the system-wide Central Alert System. The incumbent in this position is responsible to receive and screen care alerts in the patient electronic health record, to be used for early identification of protocol driven interventions. The RN, CAT communicates appropriate actions related to alerts, designated order sets, and care protocol interventions. Works collaboratively via telemonitoring technology, acts as a real time clinical support for bedside nursing and/or physician/PA/NP on patient conditions that require immediate attention.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reviews electronic health record data and protocol driven alerts for screening of necessary and appropriate interventions.
- Provides timely identification and concurrent communication of alert-related assessment findings and/or missed care opportunities to appropriate clinical staff.
- Performs virtual rounding regarding patient assignments and alerts, reporting as directed.
- Prepares verbal and/or written communication of identified findings and interventions, including thorough and complete nursing documentation.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify opportunities for improvement, works with leadership and clinical staff to develop process improvement strategies.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of Joint Commission and/or CMS measure definitions and abstraction guidelines, as well as evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and best practice for designated clinical care.
- Follows escalation process/procedure to address real-time care concerns.
- Attends and reports at departmental and or/hospital level meetings as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience required, 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Nursing experience in emergency department, critical care, or sepsis specific setting.
- Experience with Joint Commission ORYX Performance Measures, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Measures preferred.
- Experience with process and quality improvement methods (i.e. PDCA, LEAN) preferred.
- Experience with Epic Electronic Health Record and the Microsoft Suite.
- BSN preferred.
- Able to work independently, managing time, priorities and resources to achieve goals.
- Able to articulate information and ideas clearly through both written and verbal communication
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine