Cash Applications & Operations Manager
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2869
Job Department: 1007030 MWHC-Pt Accts Billing & CS
Job Posted Date: Apr 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Cash Applications and Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the daily operations of cash applications, client billing, and claims processing functions for MWHC, as well as A/R management for MWHC Home Health and Hospice. This position manages and monitors Associates to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for effective, efficient, and timely quality of work.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages, supports, and oversees the performance and productivity of the cash applications, client billing, and claims processing Associates to ensure productivity, quality and recovery goals are met. Provides leadership and direction to the team and fosters a service-oriented environment.
- Contributes to the development of the department budget and is responsible for monitoring budgeted FTEs in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conducts performance reviews for and provides feedback to Associates. Addresses performance/quality and training issues, as appropriate.
- Develops and revises departmental policies and procedures as required.
- Manages daily operations of Home Health and Hospice Revenue Cycle to include billing, follow-up, cash reconciliation and collection processes. Partners with clinical leaders within Home Health and Hospice to ensure timely resolution to concerns involving the Revenue Cycle.
- Oversees the processing of insurance claims. Ensures clean claim rate goals are met and conducts an effective compliance monitoring process to ensure third party payer claims are edited appropriately.
- Partners with Financial Operations to ensure that cash controls are in place and adhered to by all MWHC collection sites.
- Works with the Patient Accounts and Revenue Cycle departments to improve processes for cash acceleration and credit balance resolution and prevention.
- Partners with MWHC clients to ensure timely and accurate billing and recovery.
- Audits, trends and reports weekly and monthly indicators with recommendations for improvements. Reviews and presents performance data at staff and management meetings.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of managed care contracts, industry trends, developments, benchmarks and practices as they relate to third party payer claims and credit balance resolution.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact third party payer insurance claims, government payment audits and unclaimed property.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of functionality and capabilities of software applications and is responsible for optimizing utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Healthcare Administration required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/management experience required.
- A minimum of five (5) years Patient Accounting experience a health system or related field required.
- Proficiency with hospital accounts receivable software required, Epic experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) or Certified Revenue Cycle Executive (CRCE) preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine