City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5984
Job Department: 2008010 MWH-Engineering Services
Job Posted Date: Oct 27, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Following blueprints, the Carpenter provides skilled workmanship in the construction of walls and ceilings, hanging doors and windows, finishing trim, building casework and shelves, maintenance of facilities and other related activities. Other activities include the management of materials, tools and utilizing and training assistants.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs skilled carpentry work in constructing, altering, repairing, and maintaining buildings and equipment.
- Constructs and maintains structural woodwork.
- Builds, repairs, and installs benches, cabinets, paneling, floors, building framework and finish trims for factory installations and rearrangements.
- Hangs metal and wood door jambs, locks, and other hardware.
- Builds fixtures and erects scaffolding.
- Trains and supervises assistants as assigned.
- Ensures that the job site is clean and that materials are stocked neatly and securely.
- Keeps the consulting engineer informed of the job status, problems, materials, scheduling and other factors necessary to facilitates the completion of assigned jobs within established schedules.
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school education or GED, preferred.
- Successful completion of four-year apprenticeship program with Carpentry emphasis, required
- Acceptable driving record, a valid driver’s license, and meet criteria for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Driver Suitability, preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine