Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist - Cath Lab, PRN
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4436
Job Department: 2504065 SH-Cardiac Cath Lab
Job Posted Date: Jul 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform catheterization laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner in accord with physician’s orders. The Cardiac Catheterization Lab Technologist will assist physicians in the performance of effective patient therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co – workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operates cardiac catheterization devices and support equipment to assist physicians in obtaining diagnostic information.
- Assists physicians as a sterile assistant in the performance of fluoroscopic catheterization procedures.
- Monitors the patient's ECG, hemodynamic status and other clinical signs during procedures to ensure patient safety during clinical procedures.
- Prepares and sets up patients for procedure. This includes all preparations necessary to ensure a quality clinical outcome for the patient.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and keeps it in working order to ensure continuous availability for clinical operations.
- Performs emergency patient care management responsibilities, in accordance with ACLS guidelines to ensure a quality clinical outcome for the patient.
- High school graduate.
- Registered Cardiovascular Technologist preferred. RCIS or RCES certification required within 3 years of hire or placement
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Electrophysiology Lab, or Special Procedures area preferred. Intensive Care or relevant health care field related experience considered.
- BLS certification required;
- ACLS certification within 90 days of employment
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology considered.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine