City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1748
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Dec 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Capital Accountant will be responsible for integrity of all Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) related transactions within all fixed assets systems, including proper accounting and reporting of activity and balances according to GAAP and company policies. Position also monitors all capital appropriation requests for timely approvals and designs and publishes reporting of expenditures against approved limits. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement reporting to monitor approvals, expenditures, forecasts and trends.
- Ensure proper accounting of CIP, fixed assets, capital leases and depreciation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with Company established capitalization policy.
- Identify and place completed assets to be placed in service and perform monthly PPE close processes.
- Perform detailed review and reconciliation of all systems utilized in capital processes.
- Perform and/or review complex PPE and related account reconciliations and balance sheet trend analysis.
- Prepare and publish internal month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting, including status of capital projects, post-completion reviews, PPE roll-forwards, etc.
- Interface closely with field operations and corporate finance personnel to identify appropriate classification and depreciable life of all new capital assets.
- Compile and review schedules for internal/external auditors in connection with reviews and audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Accounting or Finance CPA or MBA candidate preferred 7+ years of Accounting with a concentration on fixed assets and leases, or other relevant experience, within a multi-entity, high volume environment.
- Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to interface with executive leadership.
- Knowledge, expertise or significant exposure using Fixed Asset/Capital Lease financial management systems.
- Experience with Lawson and Kaufman Hall preferred.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills that facilitate the identification and recommendation of process improvements and asset tracking system development.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment.
- Self motivated, meets strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze complex financial information and make appropriate interpretations and/or recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.