Business Intelligence Analyst III-Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2151
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Jan 28, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Business Intelligence Analyst III plays a key role in the development of Crystal Reports, Dashboards, Stored Procedures and Business Intelligence Analytics for the organization. The Analyst collaborates with business partners with defining and implementing complex decision support and business intelligence (BI) software solutions to achieve business objectives. The Analyst will provide guidance to Mary Washington Healthcare entities through complicated enterprise reporting as well as clinical and financial systems data requests. The Business Intelligence Analyst III relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish complex technical goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Functions as a SQL database analyst for various Business Intelligence SQL Server databases utilizing techniques to perform data normalization, SSIS integration and stored procedures.
- Serves as a project management leader to ensure that implementation objectives are met within an agreed upon scope and schedule.
- Assigns tasks, trains and oversees lower level analysts.
- Performs value added analysis of all enterprise reporting and data requests to determine appropriate system, correct delivery method, and target audience.
- Understands and facilitates the integration of business processes and provides system and business consultation for the best integrated, automated process to solve the business problem.
- Develops standards and procedures to optimize the performance of business intelligence systems; plans and accomplishes complex technical goals.
- Analyzes customer’s business needs and operations and designs and develops applications and reports based on user specifications, workflow analysis, and system standards.
- Maintains current data in system master files and database tables.
- Creates and monitors financial systems, data warehouse system databases and interfaces to ensure accurate internal and external reporting as well as correct functioning.
- Develops SQL stored procedures, data modeling and queries to meet business needs.
- Responsible for development of Business Objects Universes, Crystal Reports, Business Objects Dashboards and Healthcare Query reporting.
- Promotes and ensures system data integrity by resolving system issues and identifying enhancements to improve data quality and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains and promotes excellent communications and interpersonal relationships, serving as liaison between business units and Information Systems.
- Assists with end user education and report/data.
- Determines root cause analysis of data quality and process issues.
- Collaborates with users to refine requirements, develop specifications, coding, unit testing, user acceptance testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Provides system related training materials, process documentation and performs end user training.
- Facilitates department efforts to analyze and document processes that could be improved by applying information technology.
- Provides documentation of all programs, systems, and enhancements to ensure continuity of program maintenance, including program logic flow charts, record layouts, and program narratives.
- Develops test plans; coordinates and executes testing of all Rules, Workflows, Interfaces, and Reports.
- Monitors financial systems, data warehouse system databases and interfaces to ensure accurate internal and external reporting as well as correct functioning.
- Follows best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Serves as subject matter expert on Mary Washington Healthcare data, processes, and business methodologies.
- Participates in professional development and pursues educational and learning opportunities; initiates and participates in R&D activities.
- Monitors business use and utilization of reports.
- Supports staff in reporting and/or refining requirements. Establishes collaborative relationships with customers, co-workers and vendors and is able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensures established deadlines are met and responds to issues and questions in a timely manner.
- Assists customers in documenting system requirements for Service and Project requests, using approved documentation methods and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned including resolving emergency issues and situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or technical based field of study.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience to include analytical reporting deployment, design, development and architecture experience using Business Objects.
- Experience and proficiency with all Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience and knowledge of data quality management best practices.
- Must have knowledge of change-control, patch management, testing procedures.
- A minimum of four years of SQL query development experience.
- Master’s degree (MIS, MBA, MHA, or related field).
- A minimum of four years of experience in healthcare industry with understanding of data terminology.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.