Business Intelligence Analyst II
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1017
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Nov 04, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Business Intelligence Analyst II plays a key role in the development of Crystal Reports, Dashboards, Stored Procedures and Business Intelligence Analytics for the organization. The incumbent of this position will lead projects and facilitate the integration of business processes. Additionally, the incumbent adheres to data definitions and validates data while playing an integral role in the development and modeling of KPI’s across the health system.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leads projects to ensure that implementation objectives are met within an agreed upon scope and schedule.
- Performs value added analysis of all enterprise reporting and data requests to determine appropriate system, correct delivery method, and target audience.
- Facilitates the integration of business processes and provides system and business consultation for the best integrated, automated process to solve the business problem.
- Analyzes customer’s business needs and operations; designs and develops applications and reports based on user specifications, workflow analysis, and system standards.
- Maintains current data in system master files and database tables.
- Creates and monitors financial systems, data warehouse system databases and interfaces to ensure accurate internal and external reporting as well as correct functioning.
- Develops SQL stored procedures and queries to meet business needs.
- Responsible for development of Business Objects Universes, Crystal Reports, Dashboards and Healthcare Query reporting.
- Promotes and ensures system data integrity by resolving system issues and identifying enhancements to improve quality and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains and promotes excellent communications and interpersonal relationships, serving as liaison between business units and department.
- Assists with end user education, reporting and data.
- Determines root cause analysis of data quality and process issues.
- Collaborates with users to refine requirements, develop specifications, coding, unit testing, user acceptance testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Provides system related training materials and process documentation; performs end user training.
- Facilitates department efforts to analyze and document processes that could be improved by applying information technology.
- Provides documentation of all programs, systems, and enhancements to ensure continuity of program maintenance, including program logic flow charts, and record layouts.
- Develops test plans; coordinates and executes testing of all Rules, Workflows, Interfaces, and Reports.
- Monitors financial systems, data warehouse system databases and interfaces to ensure accurate internal and external reporting as well as correct functioning.
- Follows best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Participates in professional development and pursues educational and learning opportunities; initiates and participates in research and development activities.
- Monitors business use and utilization of reports. Supports staff in reporting and/or refining requirements.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with customers, co-workers and vendors and is able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensures established deadlines are met and responds to issues and questions in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned including resolving emergency issues/situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or technical based field of study.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience to include analytical reporting deployment, design, development and architecture experience using Business Objects.
- Experience and proficiency with all Microsoft Office Tools. Experience and knowledge of data quality management best practices.
- A minimum of two years of SQL query development experience.
- Experience and knowledge of change-control, patch management, testing procedures.
- Experience in healthcare industry with understanding of data terminology.
- Master’s degree (MIS, MBA, MHA, or related field).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.