Epic Ambulatory Business Analyst II (Remote Optional)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-537
Job Department: 1007119 MWHC-EPIC Connect
Job Posted Date: Jan 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Epic Business Analyst is responsible for designing, building, testing, maintaining, and training for the assigned Epic application. The Analyst II will assist operational departments in their workflow processes through building, updating and maintaining applications that are tailored to meet the needs of the organization. They will learn and be a content expert in Epic’s capabilities and functionality and will apply their knowledge of patient care workflow to assist in the implementation and maintenance of a system that meets process needs.
Acceptable Remote States: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Nebraska
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Designs, builds, maintains, and tests applicable systems.
- Gathers requirements, designs solutions, and builds applications to meet specifications.
- Participates in or leads application upgrades and implementation.
- Develops, configures, and modifies moderately complex application requirements.
- Designs, codes/configures, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains programs/applications.
- Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications during implementations and upgrades.
- Creates documentation of business requirements, current and future state workflows.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with end-users, customers, and business partners.
- Monitors supported systems and proactively mitigates issues.
- Resolves incidents, identifies problems, and documents resolution in ticket management system, escalating as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge in clinical and/or technical workflow trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react to customers appropriately, while exhibiting the highest level of customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across multiple disciplines and teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop, document, and ensure adherence to technical standards
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on technical directions of a solution
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage one’s own work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Healthcare clinical or IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care settings
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical, informatics, computer science, information systems, business computer systems, or related field
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
- Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing a plus
- License and/or Certifications
- Certified in applicable Epic application or certified within six months of hire
- Current Epic New Version Training (NVT) in applicable application
- Relevant industry certifications
- Certain Epic applications benefit from the clinical experience of a nurse or pharmacist.
- As applicable, a nursing or pharmacy degree may be recommended or required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.