Breast Surgeon for Hospital Based Practice
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-7138
Job Department: 4906205 MWMG-General Surgery-Lee's Hill
Job Posted Date: Jan 27, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a fellowship trained Breast Surgeon to join our well-established surgical practice in Fredericksburg, VA. We serve an extensive region and provide the most comprehensive breast care services and compassionate state-of-the-art care.
Our Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be dedicated to delivering high quality patient care.
You will provide Counseling and guidance for high-risk patients, breast exams and screenings, surgical procedures, cancer management and follow-up care. You will advise patients on the best surgical options and associated risks.
- Medical. Degree
- Candidates must be BC in General Surgery
- Fellowship trained in Breast Surgery or Surgical Oncology
- Current, unrestricted, Virginia State license or eligible for Virginia licensure
- Obtain DEA for full prescriptive ability
- AHA, BLS and ACLS Required
- We are fully accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers through the American College of Surgeons which allows us access to information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options.
- We are leaders in Breast-Conserving Cancer Treatment exceeding national averages for success.
- Fewer than 2% of our patients who choose a breast-conserving method experience a local recurrence of cancer.
- Our regional cancer center has a screening program for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer.
- Our Breast Cancer Navigator program provides patients the support and assistance maneuvering through their cancer journey.
- Strong Survivorship Program
- Our Ambulatory Surgery Center was named a Leapfrog Top Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) in 2021, one of only 13 selected nationally for this competitive award.
- We have an established community of Medical/Radiation Oncologists, Pathologists, Radiologists and ancillary support services.
- Tumor Board weekly meetings where challenging patients are discussed.
About Mary Washington Healthcare:
Mary Washington Healthcare is a non-profit regional system consisting of two hospitals (571 beds), three emergency departments and over 50 healthcare facilities. serving patients and communities across the greater Fredericksburg Region. We promote a culture of acceptance and innovation where you truly can “Be Heard”. In 2023 we will be hosting our first residents as we work toward our Residency Program.
The Fredericksburg region includes four counties (Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford) and the City of Fredericksburg, and is ideally located 50 miles south of Washington DC and 50 miles north of the Capital of Virginia, Richmond and is accessible to major cities and markets along the East Coast and the global marketplace. With a population of 338,000, the area has been designated Virginia’s fastest growing for five consecutive years.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine