Bereavement Coordinator, Hospice - PT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6326
Job Department: 4201651 HSP-Hospice Support Care
Job Posted Date: Nov 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position has oversight of all Mary Washington Healthcare community bereavement programs. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to the community, and our co-workers. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees, coordinates, and facilitates grief support groups for adults and children.
- Coordinates event planning to include community network meetings, teleconferences, and other special events designated for the bereaved.
- Develops and implements curriculum for community bereavement programs.
- Plans and coordinates special events, including Grief 101 program and fund raisers.
- Develops surveys and evaluation metrics to measure outcomes for reporting to funding sources.
- Conducts community needs assessment for bereavement program design as necessary.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers for Family Expressions, school programs, grief support groups, Camp Rainbow, special events, and clerical support.
- Responds to all inquiries for bereavement support and triage's/makes referrals as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in human services field from an accredited program is required.
- Two years of management experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience providing family, group and individual counseling related to grief and bereavement required
- Experience with community resources, end of life issues, and bereavement in a hospice setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine