Bereavement Coordinator, Hospice - PT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2211
Job Department: 4201651 HSP-Hospice Support Care
Job Posted Date: Jan 29, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position has oversight of all Mary Washington Healthcare community bereavement programs. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to the community, and our co-workers. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees, coordinates, and facilitates grief support groups for adults and children.
- Coordinates event planning to include community network meetings, teleconferences, and other special events designated for the bereaved.
- Develops and implements curriculum for community bereavement programs.
- Plans and coordinates special events, including Grief 101 program and fund raisers.
- Develops surveys and evaluation metrics to measure outcomes for reporting to funding sources.
- Conducts community needs assessment for bereavement program design as necessary.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers for Family Expressions, school programs, grief support groups, Camp Rainbow, special events, and clerical support.
- Responds to all inquiries for bereavement support and triage's/makes referrals as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in human services field from an accredited program is required.
- Two years of management experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience providing family, group and individual counseling related to grief and bereavement required
- Experience with community resources, end of life issues, and bereavement in a hospice setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.