Audit Representative - FT - Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4361
Job Department: 2007020 MWH-Patient Access
Job Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Audit Representative is responsible for monitoring, correcting, and communicating input and data transfer error trends found in system work queues pertaining to Patient Access. The Audit Representative is also responsible for accepting payments from all areas of the health system, balancing and securing cash, checks and credit card information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with all departmental customers to provide assistance with payments, cash transactions, and other patient/Associate and visitor needs as requested.
- Responsible for departmental petty cash distribution and monthly reconciliations to ensure the integrity of the petty cash fund.
- Receives payments and issues receipts for patient accounts, as well as all areas of the health system that handle payments, including but not limited to: cafeteria, Women and Children Services Lamaze and lactation classes, Gift Shop, etc. Balances cash drawer and prepares daily deposits. Completes reconciliation reporting for submission to Financial Operations.
- Coordinates cash deposits and cash change supply with armored truck vendor.
- Intakes calls from various departments to process payments for non-Accounts Receivable accounts.
- Addresses any patient billing concerns and refers customers to the Patient Financial Navigation Department, Medicaid eligibility vendor, Department of Social Services advocate, or other appropriate area.
- Reviews assigned work queues to resolve edits to ensure timely and accurate billing of patient accounts, while adhering to Federal and State regulations.
- Identifies root cause of work queue trends and reports to leadership team to facilitate resolution and mitigate future errors.
- Maintains knowledge of current payer requirements and system functionality. Adheres to Federal regulations (HIPAA) and all third-party guidelines and compliance requirements to ensure accounts are billed and paid correctly.
- Maintains productivity standards as established by leadership.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and systems/technology necessary to complete duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with Patient Access projects as needed to support the division’s goals and regulatory requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a cashier or hospital Patient Access preferred.
- Independent judgment, problem solving, and collaboration skills to work effectively at all levels.
- Experience utilizing Epic system preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine