Associate Chief Hospitalist
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-10658
Job Department: 4576010 MWMG-Adult Hospitalists
Job Posted Date: Jan 31, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Associate Chief Hospitalist Duties and Responsibilities
Provider will serve in the capacity of Associate Chief Hospitalist with direct reporting to the Chief Hospitalist/Medical Director of the Hospitalist Service Line. In this role, the Provider will be expected to cover the clinical duties consistent with a 0.6 FTE and will be allowed administrative time consistent with 0.4 FTE. Generally, this appointment will result in the provider working eight (8) clinical shifts per four (4)-week period, with the remaining sixty-four (64) hours distributed as necessary for the administrative duties.
Duties and responsibilities of the administrative work will be generally defined as those functions that broadly support the management of the hospitalist group by the Chief Hospitalist on a day-to-day level and as directed by the Chief Hospitalist. Specifically, these functions will cover the following categories:
- Human Resources/Internal Control
- Monitoring personnel interactions with other providers, hospital staff, administration, and patients and intervening when necessary to investigate issues that arise in collaboration with HR Partners
- Assisting Practice Manager with monitoring and managing needs with regard to time off, CME requests, staffing or requests for shift changes if Provider involvement necessary.
- Establishing provider goals and expectations and completing performance reviews on an annual basis for designated providers
- Participating in recruiting efforts including reviewing/interviewing candidates
- Compliance/External Control
- Coordinating with Medical Staff office and Practice Manager to ensure all providers maintain required certifications and licensure.
- Representing hospitalist on the Credentialing Committee as duly reviewed and appointed by the Medical Executive Committee
- Monitoring and assisting providers with maintenance of required CME credits.
- Clinical Performance
- Reviewing and promoting provider adherence to designated clinical quality metrics.
- Leading programs related to operational improvement identified with the Care Logistics or other performance improvement frameworks.
- Representing hospitalists on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Representing hospitalists on the Patient Safety Committee
Additionally, the Associate Chief(s) will chair the various committees established within the hospitalist group including, but not limited to Patient Experience, Clinical Quality, Coding/Finance, and Provider Engagement.
Monthly performance of administrative duties will be reviewed by the Chief Hospitalist through formal team meetings and informal check-ins with the Provider.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine