Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room, Full Time, Day, Sign On Bonus
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-10128
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Dec 14, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.$15,000 sign on bonus to external applicants. Relocation assistance available.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) assists the Nurse Manager in the management of day-to-day patient care services, and supports Associates who are providing patient care to ensure the best clinical outcomes. The ANM is part of the unit-based leadership team under the direction of the Nurse Manager. The ANM adheres to the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare while demonstrating a commitment to quality service to patient, physicians, peers, and the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct oversight of clinical care delivery in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to ensure patient quality targets are met; as well as safe, effective, and efficient care of patients.
- Provides shift leadership for unit to ensure 24/7 coverage with Nurse Manager and other ANMs.
- Ensures daily and shift staffing resources are adjusted to meet patient care needs.
- Creates and reassesses patient assignments to ensure they are consistent with Associates’ state licensure and scope of practice.
- Completes purposeful rounding on Associates and patients daily, including off-shifts.
- Ensures completion of daily regulatory and safety tasks and requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, other departments, patients, visitors, and families to resolve concerns.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in verifying that Associates receive required education.
- Participates in and facilitates new Associate department orientation, education, and evaluation.
- Reviews, monitors, and documents competencies and compliance to performance expectations.
- Provides feedback during annual performance evaluation reviews in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
- Administers Records of Conference (ROC) for attendance and initial ROC's after discussion with Nurse Manager.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to unit staff.
- Provides feedback to staff regarding opportunities for improvement to practice.
- Delivers unit communication and facilitates shift huddle.
- Works in collaboration with Associates to implement and monitor the achievement of Patient Satisfaction and Experience, Quality, and Safety targets.
- Participates in the interview process for Associate selection.
- Participates in action plans related to AOS results for Associate engagement.
- Performs all essential functions and responsibilities of a Registered Nurse, as indicated in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school required.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Certification within clinical area of responsibility within three years required.
- Minimum of two years’ staff nurse experience required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine