Assistant Nurse Manager, ANM (RN) - ICU, Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3112
Job Department: 2001350 Mwh-Ccs-Sicu
Job Posted Date: Apr 30, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) assists the Nurse Manager in the management of day-to-day patient care services, and supports Associates who are providing patient care to ensure the best clinical outcomes. The ANM is part of the unit-based leadership team under the direction of the Nurse Manager. The ANM adheres to the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare while demonstrating a commitment to quality service to patient, physicians, peers, and the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct oversight of clinical care delivery in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to ensure patient quality targets are met; as well as safe, effective, and efficient care of patients.
- Provides shift leadership for unit to ensure 24/7 coverage with Nurse Manager and other ANMs.
- Ensures daily and shift staffing resources are adjusted to meet patient care needs.
- Creates and reassesses patient assignments to ensure they are consistent with Associates’ state licensure and scope of practice.
- Completes purposeful rounding on Associates and patients daily, including off-shifts.
- Ensures completion of daily regulatory and safety tasks and requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, other departments, patients, visitors, and families to resolve concerns.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in verifying that Associates receive required education.
- Participates in and facilitates new Associate department orientation, education, and evaluation.
- Reviews, monitors, and documents competencies and compliance to performance expectations.
- Provides feedback during annual performance evaluation reviews in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
- Administers Records of Conference (ROC) for attendance and initial ROC's after discussion with Nurse Manager.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to unit staff.
- Provides feedback to staff regarding opportunities for improvement to practice.
- Delivers unit communication and facilitates shift huddle.
- Works in collaboration with Associates to implement and monitor the achievement of Patient Satisfaction and Experience, Quality, and Safety targets.
- Participates in the interview process for Associate selection.
- Participates in action plans related to AOS results for Associate engagement.
- Performs all essential functions and responsibilities of a Registered Nurse, as indicated in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school required.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required at hire
- Certification within clinical area of responsibility within three years required.
- Minimum of two years’ staff nurse experience required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.