Assistant (Asst. Chief CRNA) Nurse Manager, Anesthesia
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-10533
Job Department: 2004035 MWH-Anesthesia
Job Posted Date: Jan 16, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.This position is responsible for managing all day-to-day activities of the service and supporting the Associates who are providing care. In collaboration with the Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals. This position will assist the Manager in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the service. This position is accountable for daily operational activities on a 24-hour basis. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality, cost-effective, customer-focused service to patients, physicians, the public, and co-workers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Manager, creates staff schedules and monitors daily department staffing to ensure sufficient quantity and skill mix to meet patient requirements. Submits staffing schedule to Manager for final approval.
- Responsible, as a back up to the Manager for approving biweekly payroll, identifies trends in utilization and takes corrective measures as needed.
- Assists the Manager in the planning and management of departmental budget.
- Assists the Manager in the recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention process.
- Develops, implements, and monitors (including direct observation) standards of practice for optimal patient outcomes.
- Engages in service-oriented, quality, effective, and safe patient care activities such as unit-based Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QA/PI) initiatives and development of improvement action plans.
- Collaborates with Associates and Management to support compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies JCAHO and AAACH.
- Collaborates with ancillary departments to ensure availability of equipment and supplies. Identifies new technology available for patient care.
- Assists Manager and Physician Chair in the resolution of customer satisfaction and quality issues.
- Attends relevant meetings and committees as assigned.
- Collaborates with Manager to monitor staff performance, providing coaching, counseling, and mentoring of staff as appropriate.
- Maintains professional competencies by attending educational programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Represents the hospital and anesthesia in MWHC supported community services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduation from a nurse anesthesia program fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs and recognized by the board of nursing and medicine required.
- Masters or Doctorate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a CRNA required
- Minimum 2 years management experience required.
License and/or Certifications
- Valid RN License from Virginia required.
- Current Virginia licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in Anesthesia required.
- Current NBCRNA certification as a Nurse Anesthetist required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- AHA ACLS Provider required at hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine