Compensation Analyst, Remote Work Schedule
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-11715
Job Department: 1007355 MWHC-Compensation
Job Posted Date: May 16, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Compensation Analyst coordinates and participates in the design, administration, and communication of system-wide compensation programs, policies and procedures. In addition, this position works with Leadership to assist in the development and implementation of new or improved processes, programs, and/or strategies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate salary administration processes, including reviewing salary actions for consistency with company policies and practices.
- Evaluate job descriptions and internal promotion or reclassification requests, including determining appropriate salary range, grade, title and FLSA status and consulting with managers and/or recruiters to discuss recommendations.
- Assist Compensation Leadership with compensation administration, including review of salary ranges, salary review processes, bonus/variable pay plan administration, and maintenance of compensation content in HR System.
- Assist Compensation Leadership in the development and presentation of training on compensation practices and legal compliance.
- Participate in salary surveys, including ensuring appropriate benchmark matches, policy and practice research, and accurate submission of data.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new compensation plans, processes, and communication tools.
- Perform data analysis to support the development or modification of compensation programs, strategies, and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with provisions of FLSA/DOL and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Process and approve Personnel Actions Forms.
- Provide job/position code information and assistance to HRIS team for new/existing positions.
- Supporting other HR initiatives and key projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Mathematics or related field is preferred.
- At least two years of direct compensation experience or human resources experience is strongly preferred. Healthcare experience is considered as a plus.
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to produce and analyze large amounts of data and conduct sound evaluations.
- Ability to build rapport with Associates and Managers at all organizational levels.
- Professional certification (Certified Compensation Professional, Professional in Human Resources) is preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems is preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine