Advanced Practice Provider, Ryan White, Infectious Disease Program
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Nursing; Physician
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3651
Job Department: 4006951 Ryan White Grant(s)
Job Posted Date: Jun 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Lead Advanced Practice Provider (APP) delivers clinical services to patients. The Lead APP is actively involved in providing formal and informal care and education. Additionally, the position participates in the review and development of specific policies, procedures, and practice guidelines. The Incumbent in this position must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and an understanding of the interdependent roles of various allied health professions.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) delivers clinical services to the appropriate programs patients in the outpatient setting for the Ryan White Program. The APP is actively involved in providing formal and informal care and education. Additionally, the position participates in the review and development
of specific policies, procedures, and practice guidelines. The Incumbent in this position must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and an understanding of the interdependent roles of various allied health
professions.Using Ryan White guidelines, the APP will assess physical, psychosocial, and cognitive functions to develop a treatment plan. The APP will enter orders, referrals, and interpret diagnostic results. When appropriate, as part of treatment plan, the APP may prescribe non-pharmacological and pharmacological agents. The APP functions professionally under a practice agreement with the supervising physician and operationally under the Medical Director of the Ryan White Program and/or designee.
- Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with the physician and consults with patients and family members about diagnosis, testing, surgery and risk of procedures.
2. Works with a multi-disciplinary team to provide HIV primary care services to our HIV positive patients, including but not limited to medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up.
3. Formulates appropriate differential diagnosis, develops treatment plan to include appropriate diagnostics.
4. Identifies non-pharmacological interventions, appropriate pharmacological agents and education.
5. Provides relevant patient and family education; makes appropriate referrals to other professional and community agencies.
6. Orders and provides preliminary interpretation of diagnostic studies.
7. Prescribes non-pharmacological therapies and pharmacological agents within the defined scope of service and according to guidelines established by the supervising physician.
8. Educates patients and families regarding disease, procedures, medication, nutrition, and healthcare.
9. Participates in the review and development of specific policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.
10. Provides emergency treatments and initiates emergency life saving measures per ACLS guidelines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Infectious Disease Associates: The Advance Practice Provider will deliver care to patients of the Infectious Disease Associates office in addition to the HIV positive patients enrolled in the Ryan White Grant program. The Advanced Practice Provider will coordinate patient schedule with the practice
manager and program manager ensuring optimal coverage and assistance to the IDA physicians.
- Successful completion of a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner education program that holds a national accreditation acceptable to the Board of Medicine or Nursing, required.
- Approved for Prescriptive Authority in Virginia, required.
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or an equivalent nationally recognized body as a Nurse Practitioner, required.
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in Virginia, required.
- Valid DEA certificate, required.
- BLS, ACLS certification, required.
- Two years applicable experience, required.
- HIV experience preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively/collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective organizational/prioritization problem-solving and decision-making abilities in practice.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.