Administrative Assistant, Emergency Department, FT, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-10872
Job Department: 2001500 MWH-ED-Administration
Job Posted Date: Feb 24, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform clerical and administrative support, including word processing, scheduling, supporting and/or managing special projects, and various other duties related to the effective operation of the department. The Administrative Assistant will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality of service to patients, physicians, the public, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine clerical, administrative, and secretarial duties as assigned in a prompt, effective, and confidential manner to ensure department efficiency.
- Interacts courteously and effectively with all department customers to give assistance, answer questions, and facilitate departmental operations. Exhibits a positive and professional image.
- Maintains daily appointment calendars. Schedules and coordinates meetings which may include registration, travel, and lodging arrangements.
- Transcribes and prepares departmental correspondence and reports.
- Prepares correspondence, policies, meeting minutes, forms, guidelines and other general typing, as directed. Creates and maintains a filing system which organizes materials to ensure quick accessibility.
- Sets up and utilizes audio-visual equipment as needed.
- Creates and enhances audio-visual presentations as needed in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Performs special projects in order to meet identified project goals and objectives.
- Monitors and maintains levels of office supplies which include processing vouchers and requisitions to assist in the maintenance of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance professional growth and development. Keeps abreast of current educational literature related to position. Researches and prepares information, as requested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with some college preferred.
- At least three years of recent secretarial experience; administrative experience preferred.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm required.
- Proficient interpersonal, writing, and other communication skills required.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, personal computer knowledge including, but not limited to, word processing, spread sheets, electronic calendars, database management, graphics, presentations, and Internet communications.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine